- The higher performance of ecotourism destination management through increased quality of local human resources for boosting sustainable development in seven regions with protected areas and small scale tourism services in Romania.
- Increased qualification of the service providers from Romania that offer one of the core ecotourism activities.
- Increasing the awareness of the public concerning the high-quality ecotourism offer in Romania.
Duration: 01 April 2015 – 31 August 2017
Budget: 273.713,00 CHF (74.006 CHF AER budget)
Funding source: Project co-financed by a grant from Switzerland through the Swiss Contribution to the enlarged European Union
Partners: ProPark – Fundația pentru Arii Protejate (applicant), CIPRA
Coordinator: Ioana Bejan
The main outcomes of the project are:
- organizing a basic training course (communication, protected areas, ecotourism and first aid), followed by practice modules for the 6 ecotourism activities included in the project (hiking, horse riding, fauna and flora observation, water activities, mountain biking and ski mountaineering) for tourism guides;
- publishing 6 best practice guide books for the six ecotourism activities;
- registering the new occupation of tourism destination manager in the Romanian Occupation Classification Index;
- elaboration of the occupational standard for tourism destination manager which was approved by the Romanian National Authority for Qualifications;
- organizing a training course on tourism destination management with experts from Austria and Switzerland;
- organizing an study trip in Switzerland for 11 persons;
- organizing a national workshop on tourism destination management in Bucharest with representatives of the industry;
- evaluation of 6 tourism programs according to the Eco-Romania ecotourism certification system;
- reprinting the Feel the Real Romania brochure;
- creating and printing a promotion brochure for the six ecotourism activities: 6 experiences for body and soul;
- attending 7 promotion events: Salonul Bicicletei Bucharest, Fundata Ecotourism Festival, EcoMarathon Moeciu, Bookfest Bucharest, Street Delivery Bucharest, Transylvanian Horse Show Prod și ExTerra Triathlon Băile Tușnad).